Transparent, Sustainable Sourcing
It's important to us to not only understand where our ingredients are being sourced from, but also how they are being harvested to ensure no excess depletion of natural resourced.
Mindfully Sourced Ingredients
We consider lots of things when sourcing the ingredients in our products. Of course, we want to know they are effective! But importantly we also want to know that how they are being harvested or manufactured is with the most earth-friendly approach possible. We have several criteria we look at, with the long-term objective of getting to 100% of all ingredients meeting these criteria.
Level 0 is our basic requirement and therefore is not included in the above, table, only ingredients that hit the requirements of Level 1 - Level 3.
Level 0 - Minimum requirement: Standard agricultural methods are employed that ensure the absence of deforestation or intensive farming methods. None of our naturally derived ingredients are listed on CITES (the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora).
- Harvesting techniques that sustain the crop or protect biodiversity
- Agricultural techniques that reduce the amount of energy, water or land required
- Produced from an upcycled ingredient or utilises waste products
- Utilises plant biotechnology or green chemistry which significantly reduces the amount of land, water or energy required
- Carbon neutral or negative production
- Provides social or economical benefits to local communities
- Wild harvested leading to protection of biodiversity
Level 0 - Basic requirement: Manufactured using standard chemistry practices. Ecovadis silver certified
Getting To The Source
It's important to us to know exactly where our ingredients, particularly those of natural origin, are coming from. Because of the way some ingredients are traded this can sometimes be much harder than it seems (more info below!). Our long term aim is to get to 100% traceability to source. Here's where we are now.